Thursday 13 February 2014

Any Challenger For Blakk Rasta This Year?

The time for awards in this country is near, therefore there is the need to make mention of some individuals whose name are synonymous to awards in the country.

Blakk RastaHitz 103.9fm reggae presenter and musician Blakk Rasta is among such names which are synonymous to awards in Ghana. As much as Flex newspaper is concerned, most awards with anything to do with reggae categories in it has Blakk Rasta on it and mostly he wins hands down almost all the times.  
    
Currently, two awards are very close to us in the months of February (Ghana DJ Awards) and May (Ghana Music Awards) and Blakk Rasta will surely be nominated in if not all, the reggae DJ awards to be specific. Our checks have proven that Blakk Rasta has been nominated again in the Dj Awards and in the Reggae category so there was the need to ask him his strength against his contenders and he gave Flex newspaper the following words.
    
“What I am about to tell you, I have never said it anywhere before. I am always possessed when I am on radio. Because sometimes I play back and listen to myself with surprise on my face that wow, did I really say that?  It is about the energy and the passion at which I use to work. Reggae on radio is all about creativity and the passion to change society. Anytime I am selecting  music on my show, I pay attention to the down trodden and I make sure I listen to the songs first before airing them. I therefore know the impact of the songs I play on the society as well as my strength of being a good story teller” Blakk Rasta told Flex newspaper.
   
He continued “do you know that when I am on radio I don't answer my calls, I don't do Facebook and any other thing? My boss, my friends or staff members can come to the studio and yet I will not recognize them. My eyes are always closed in the studio and I hardly even sit during my presentation. The long and short of it is that I am always possessed when on radio. Despite everything, I liked Prime I and Culture B sometime ago but now they are all not active again. Currently, I think Fiifi Sellah of Pluzz fm and one Black Binghi in the Volta region are doing so great” he told Flex newspaper.
    
“The difference is that I make commentary on most of the songs I play but my other colleagues do not do that. Yeah I have been nominated and we hoping the awards will go well this year too” he added. Now we are waiting for that bold reggae presenter who will be able to beat Blakk Rasta to it this year in the reggae awards: Any challenger?


Elvis R Baidoo

No comments:

Post a Comment