Monday 11 November 2013

“If I Were Kojo Antwi”... How The Music Man Disappointed His Fans!!!

 Kojo Antwi
Ever since I had the conviction to write this story for publication after grapevine information started coming in that Maestro Kojo Antwi might not be celebrated in this year`s Legends and Legacy Ball, I said to myself, who am I to make suggestions to one musician who believes in his brand that it is the best that ever happened to Ghana music. Or better still, who am I to advise the Maestro of Ghana music who started music whilst I was breast feeding( just may be).
But I am still tempted to write this regardless of not what  Music Man Kojo Antwi alone upon seeing this might say, but what fans, media people and critics including the non entities might say about me and may be the medium Flex newspaper. Information about the launch of the Legends and Legacy Ball is already out and from all angles, it does not seem like it will be Kojo Antwi. Incase, it becomes Kojo Antwi in the long run, then I will take back my words and change my mind because it has been said that is it only the fool who does not change his mind. Now imagine writing a poem for Imajin Advertising starting with “if I were Kojo Antwi”, this is how mine would be like.
  
“If I were Kojo Antwi, the first thing I will consider in the Legends concert will be my fans who are willing and pushing that I should be the next person to be celebrated. From scratch, the team at Imajin Advertising and their media executives have told media people that they do a survey among event goers to select who they should celebrate. What it means is that, it is the not the guys at Imajin Advertising who chose Kojo Antwi but the fans, so why will Mr Music Man ignore his fans at a time that they need him most. The fans make and break people in showbiz so to ignore them can be very detrimental to one`s career.
 
“If I were Kojo Antwi, I would just consider what the media people who have promoted my songs after Amakye Dede`s celebration would say after declining to be celebrated. I recall one Sunday afternoon where Kofi Asare Brako Abatey played Kojo Antwi`s songs back to back and stated categorically on numerous occasions on air that Kojo Antwi is next to be celebrated in the Legends concert. Will they continue to play his songs if they feel Kojo Kojo disappointed them? Well, for the guys at Imajin Advertising to think that the public did not know that they started negotiations with Kojo Antwi, then it means they are angels themselves and see every body as such. To say they were in crisis at a point looking for the next artiste to celebrate was the truth but who will accept and confirm this? Bro Kojo, you need the media especially the guys at Peace fm and their close cronies from other radio stations who will be instrumental in maintaining your image  and stature as one of Ghana`s music icons.
 
“If I were Kojo Antwi, finally I will hold my own press conference to explain why I pulled out of this concert before fans and critics will begin to bad mouth me. We are hearing more as to what contributed to the no show and all the information so far does not put the Maestro Kojo Antwi in a positive light so will put out my concern first. They say good name is better than riches, so I would like to protect my name first before some people with wrong information will damage it with their ignorance.
  
Again, if it remains Kojo Antwi then these words will be useless because there would not be the need to consider them. Meanwhile, because Kojo Antwi is different from me, he is not under any obligation to think just like I am thinking. Well, with this I am not advising but only suggesting humbly because, they say “what an elder will see sitting, the child will not see even if he climbs a tree... Only time will tell people!!!


ELVIS RANCEY BAIDOO

No comments:

Post a Comment